ARC Flash – Automotive Manufacturer
Project Integration provided Arc Flash and Power Distribution Engineering Services for a major automotive manufacturer. The project include over 7,200 busses 44 substations. Services included:
- Field data gathering services to verify:
- Actual site conditions, and detailed layouts
- All circuit breaker sizes, manufacturer, model, and settings; all fuse sizes and types if required for modifications or system studies.
- Utility System contributions and over current protection
- Discussion with plant personnel to determine the new system requirements.
- Specification of equipment and purchasing and bid development assistance
- Review of existing power system for improperly applied or set devices.
- Review existing power system and proposed new equipment for areas of high arc flash hazards and develop revisions to breakers, fuses etc. to lower these values.
- Cost estimation of power system revisions
- On-Site supervision of installation
- Start up sequence development and leadership
- System modification, construction coordination and scheduling
- Revision to plant single line drawings and system data report. This gives the customer coordination curves, equipment duty information and a spreadsheet listing the arc flash hazards. See Arc Flash Section for further details.
- Final As-Built drawings.